Menu

Chardonnay 2016

Chardonnay 2016 Image
In Stock
Add To Cart
$0.00
/ bottle

We use three different clones of Chardonnay to form the basis of this blend. Of these three clones, one is a heritage clonal varietal of Chardonnay Musque that is known for its intense perfume.
Our 2016 Chard is a classic style chardonnay, expressing more fruit and earth notes, unlike the more modern style of oak and butter.
 

Wine Specs
Vintage
2016
Varietal
Chardonnay
Harvest Date
August 2016
Sugar
Harvest Brix: 23.5 - 24.3
Aging
French and American Oak barrels and Stainless Steel tank
Fermentation
French and American Oak barrels and Stainless Steel tank
Bottling Date
May 2017
Residual Sugar
Dry - 0.3 g/L
Alcohol %
13.8
Wine Profile
Tasting Notes
Aromatics: Citrus flowers, gardenia and hints of passion fruit On the Palate: Deep fruit and balanced acid; Rich, creamy mid palate with hints of citrus and tropical fruit
Vineyard Notes
We harvested this Chardonnay over a 20 day period – taking the grapes from 3 different vineyards.
Production Notes
To maintain the crisp, easy drinking style of wine, 30% of the Chardonnay was oak fermented with the other 70% fermented in stainless steel tanks, at 55F over a 30-day period, ensuring fruit and perfume aromatics are retained. Only the 30% barrel fermented portion went through malolactic fermentation while oak barrels. For the body structure, we kept it on its lees until 2 months prior to bottling.
Food Pairing Notes
Lamb, fish, chicken, light soups, soft cheeses
Other Notes
UPC 644412000304
Product Reviews
Add A Product Review
E-Mail me when someone reviews this product
Leave this field blank: